NATIONAL RESIDENCE HALL HONORARY, HIGHLANDER CHAPTER
Our mission as the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) at the University of California, Riverside (UCR) is to aid in the development and maintenance of a strong, diverse, and academically successful residential community within the UCR Housing Community. We believe that in order to accomplish this we must do the following:
- Maximize opportunities for residents to become leaders and explore their unique leadership styles.
- Create and support initiatives that focus on diversity awareness, acceptance, and celebration.
- Develop effective, educational, and social programs.
- Encourage academic excellence through role modeling and the development of academic initiatives.
- Recognize resident leaders for their service to the Housing Community.
- Find and direct residents to appropriate resources and leadership opportunities in Housing Services, on campus, and in the surrounding community.
- Find ways to increase communication and positive working relationships with residential staff.
- Be a channel through which recognition of the Housing Communities is known on a local, regional, and national level.
As an honorary, NRHH provides a dynamic leadership experience by promoting recognition and service. Through this, NRHH chapters offer our members diverse avenues to grow and succeed in the residence halls and as engaged members of their communities.
The four main pillars of NRHH are:
- Service – Create a positive identity for our campus, community, and society through service events and other ways to serve our community.
- Scholastics – Recognize students for their education and scholastic achievements.
- Recognition – Celebrate the people and events happening within residential life.
- Leadership – Learning to develop oneself and achieve one’s highest potential.
NRHH is a leadership-based honorary composed of exemplary residential students who value recognition and service. In addition, the NRHH, Highlander Chapter will emphasize leadership, member development, and scholastics.
The colors of the honorary are blue and white, each symbolizing something.
- The blue symbolizes loyalty (to purpose and ideas).
- The white symbolizes a blank page (where students can write their successes and experiences as they fill their time in the residential community).